Building a Better Future with Sustainable Building Materials
With effects of climate change becoming increasingly apparent, the focus on energy efficiency and sustainable building products has intensified in the building and construction industry. Sustainable building materials have gained popularity among builders, contractors, and homeowners who are looking to reduce waste, preserve natural resources, and create a better future for generations to come.
At Midwest Perma-Column, we’ve been at the forefront of this sustainability movement, providing eco-friendly building materials for post frame construction projects for over 20 years. In this article, we’ll discuss the clear benefits of sustainable building materials and how our innovative, green product line can help you build better buildings, cut labor costs, and reduce your environmental impact for future generations.
Why Green Building Materials are the Smart Choice
The call for sustainability is making a profound impact on building and construction practices throughout the world. But should you be jumping on the bandwagon? Read on to find out why sustainable building materials really are the smart choice for builders and consumers alike.
- Reduced Waste: Many sustainable building materials reduce or eliminate the waste of many traditional construction techniques. For example, precast concrete columns eliminate the need for poured concrete at a job site, reducing wasted material and the environmental impact of large concrete mixers. Some materials are also made from recycled or recyclable components reducing the material that ends up in landfills.
- Built to Last: Green building materials typically have a longer lifespan than traditional materials. That means reduced replacement costs over the life of the material, along with less maintenance. For builders, this translates into happier customers and an enhanced reputation.
- Lower Energy Consumption: Using less energy is a key component of green building materials. Some eco-friendly materials are lighter than their traditional counterparts, reducing the fuel needed to get them to the job site. Other materials may provide better insulation that reduces energy costs for consumers.
- Free of Toxic Chemicals: Traditional construction materials can emit harmful toxins and carcinogens which pollute air, soil, and water. Sustainable building materials are free from harmful chemicals for improved air quality and less impact on soil and water supplies.
- Environmental Sustainability: Many sustainable, eco-friendly materials are made from renewable resources that can be easily replaced, creating a lower impact on the environment than traditional materials.
3 Eco-Friendly Building Materials from Midwest Perma-Column
At Midwest Perma-Column, we take pride in the positive impact our sustainable building products are having across the post-frame construction industry. Here are just a few of the eco-friendly building materials we offer that can help you build stronger, reduce costs, and lower your environmental impact.
- Precast Concrete Columns: Perma-Column® precast concrete columns are the clear solution for permanent and sustainable post-frame foundations. Made from 100% recycled materials, our precast concrete columns contain no toxic chemicals. Plus, they keep treated wood out of the ground, eliminating the leaching of harmful chemicals into the surrounding soil.
- Precast Deck Posts: If you’re building a deck, Perma-Column® precast concrete deck posts are the sustainable building materials you need for rock-solid performance. Our deck posts are made from 100% recycled materials and contain no toxic chemicals. And just like our precast concrete columns, these eco-friendly deck posts keep wood out of the ground, preventing harmful soil and water contamination.
- FootingPad Post Foundations: One of the most innovative sustainable building materials in the industry, our FootingPad post foundations are lightweight and strong, dramatically cutting fuel consumption when compared with 80-lb bags of concrete per post hole. Plus, they’re made with 100% recycled material.
In addition to the eco-friendly building materials listed above, Midwest Perma-Column also provides Sturdi-Wall anchor brackets designed to work with precast columns and deck posts. All of our anchor brackets are manufactured with 100% American-made steel for quality you can count on.Shop ALL Products
Shop Sustainable Building Products from Midwest Perma-Column
Ready to get started on your next building project? You can’t go wrong with the sustainable building products at Midwest Perma-Column.
Check out our complete line of green building materials to start saving time and money, while reducing your environmental footprint. Have questions? Contact our experienced team and we’ll help you find exactly what you need.